at Doubledot Media Ltd (Anywhere)
Do you love to break things? Enjoy making developers sweat as you perform some QA on their latest work? Keep reading!
Doubledot Media is a New Zealand-based company creating online tools and training for people looking to start their own online businesses. We’re based in Christchurch, but the majority of our team work remotely from various places around the world. (Living in the future FTW!)
We have a full-time QA Analyst position available to work on SaleHoo.com and Affilorama.com.
You will play an important role by checking items in alpha and beta stages as well as reviewing the weekly release of our products. You’ll be making sure the code that goes out not only works but also looks great.
Essential skills and abilities…
- Excellent written English and a friendly manner in writing, a lot of communication is done via email/skype.
- Common sense and the ability to “read between the lines”.
- Meticulous attention to detail. Your spelling and grammar should be top notch.
- Good time management skills. Since this can be a remote working position, you’ll need to be organized, motivated, and (dare we say) a “self-starter”.
- Understanding of websites/web applications and finding edge cases to break sites.
- Able to accurately test websites in multiple browsers/OS.
- Creating and running test cases on a daily basis.
And if you have any of the following, be sure to mention them when applying!
- 3+ years commercial experience with web/software testing.
- Experience using bug tracking tools (such as Test Lodge, JIRA, Trac or Redmine).
- Experience/knowledge with automated testing software (Ghost Inspector, Selenium) and services.
Neat things about working with us:
- Flexible hours
- Work from home
- Relaxed, ego-free, family-friendly work culture
- A well-defined and planned workplace where everyone knows what they’re doing and when they’re doing it.
- Ability to influence Quality Assurance approach and methodology.
How to apply
We’re going to level with you here: We usually get a lot of applications, and a lot of them are not very inspiring. We’re looking for people with good problem-solving skills, good communication skills, and the willingness to go the extra mile for our customers, so here’s what you need to do.
- Record a short (2 minutes~) cover letter video and upload it somewhere where we can see it. Tell us a little bit about yourself, and explain the QA process you use in your current/previous role, QA software/apps you use then show on screen 2 bugs you have found on SaleHoo.com website
- Create an email for email@example.com (Subject: QA Analyst Position)
- Give us the link to your video inside the email
- Attach your CV/resume in PDF format Send
Recent jobs at Doubledot Media Ltd